Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Card for the Scrapbook & CardsToday Challenge

I won the great debate! The doctor gave me the okay to go back to Aqua Fit! He believes that the laryngitis is caused by allergies and it will not likely clear up until we have a couple heavy frosts – and it will likely come back next spring again – lovely! I had laryngitis for over 7 weeks this spring and I’m now on three weeks of it now. Obviously my throat is my weak spot – from over-use likely!!!

Last Saturday was National Card Making day (and I didn’t make even one card) but Scrapbook & Cards Today had a blitz on all day with lots of tips and techniques and draws posted every hour for 12 hours. Apparently they had over 22,000 hits that day so the chances of winning one of the prizes is pretty low – but I’ve won from them before so you never know….someone has to! At the end of the day they posted a challenge to make a thank you card with an envelope using the following: chipboard, stickers, 2 cardstock, 3 designer papers and twine. Here’s my card and envelope.

 


I decided to use some of the tips and techniques that they had posted throughout the day – the paper circle and banners! So I took three pieces of designer paper from a Studio g 6x6 paper pack that I had and cut three circles using three different Spellbinders dies, folded and unfolded them to give them dimension and glued them together with glue dots. Then I took the same three papers and cut three banners and notched the ends and tucked them behind the circle. The dark brown and the light green cardstock pieces are from my stash so I don’t know the manufacturer. The chipboard was a die cut from a Cuttlebug die and I had to die cut it twice and glue it together to make it thicker. The gold stickers are from a peel-and-stick sheet.  The button in the middle of the flower is from the same brown as the one on the card. I die cut a button from a Cuttlebug die with the paper doubled and then added the twine. The bottom of the brown cardstock was run through my Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dot embossing folder to give some extra dimension near the bottom. I wanted the top left plain so I could add the chipboard sentiment and stickers. For the envelope I lined the inside with one of the papers used for the flower and banner.

 Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...