Friday, October 4, 2013

Today is a special day for me. It’s my 13 year anniversary from surviving exploratory brain surgery. I had to talk the neurosurgeon into performing it because it was so risky he was reluctant to do so. However, in spite of his concerns I am doing very well and I thank God every day I’m here on earth. I shudder to think of what I would have missed if I hadn’t survived! Did the surgery cure my conditions completely? No! But enough that I no longer have excruciating pain 7/24 so I’m grateful….and I don’t waste any time not enjoying the extra time I’ve been granted! Even when things are not great I just tell myself, “Every day this side of the dirt is a good one!”
 
On with the regular post. Well we have another Friday and it’s a warm here in Ontario. We never did get the rain and thunderstorm last night and I should go out and water the garden but the neighbour is having extensive landscaping done and they are running high pitched machines to cut bricks and stones. Besides all the dust they are creating, I cannot take high pitched noise so I’ve been down in the lower studio making new cards. I ordered a few things from Paper Wishes including several of their small $1.29 (used to be .99) stamps. Nothing creates new ideas like new stamps! It was just what I needed. Stay tuned for new images coming soon.

I’m still waiting for my order from Stamping Bella. Her new line is so funny. I loved them all but had to limit how many I could buy and can’t wait for them to come! This week’s challenge from Stamping Bella was to create a card using one of her stamps from a sketch she provided. When I saw the sketch I immediately thought birthday! Here’s my card.

  

This is an old stamp called King of the Wild Things. It makes a great birthday card for a young boy. I coloured this one with Prismacolor crayons and gamsol, with chalk around the image and the ground. The circles were die cut with a Spellbinders’ circle die. I hand cut the purple banner, inked the edges and stamped them with black ink. The string is a bit of gold peel-and-stick and after gluing on the banner I added a small gold circle from the peel-and-stick sheet to look like a tack. The background is just from a piece of striped paper from the stash. The green strip with the notched ends is from the same green cardstock as the circle and I inked up a stamp that said Happy Birthday and then put a piece of tape over the happy and stamped. I put some dimensional dots in the centre of the green strip so it would be lifted off the page. I love dimension on my cards and scrapbook pages.

Well, that’s it for another week. What ever you do this weekend, I hope you make it a good one!

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!!! on your Anniversary! You are such a brave woman! And i love your philosophy.. 'Every day this side of the dirt is a good day'

    This weekend we are getting out to stretch our legs at Apple Hill. We went last year and loved it. Its up in the hills near Placerville,CA. Orchards and vineyards and tree farms and pumpkins and cider and crafts!!! Time to get my Fall on!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...