Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Get Well Card on a Gloomy Thursday

A grey and gloomy day here in Ontario and lots of rain expected. I’ve been tucked into the upper studio, which is my very narrow sewing room, trying to finish a quilt. All I had to do is put the binding on but for some reason my sewing machine did not want to sew today. It kept skipping stitches and I’m not sure why. I finally gave up and put on my ¼” foot and tried piecing some squares together for another quilt….and it sews fine. My only guess is that it did not like the new needle I had put in just before starting the binding. Fussy machine!

I was admiring a card at the Paper Pickle that had a die cut ring of leaves around it and Kim ordered the die for me – another Memory Box die – love those! So, here’s the card I made with it.
 

Luckily one of my circle dies is the same diameter as the ring of leaves so I die cut a piece of light green paper and glued a left over piece of designer paper behind it and then attached the ring of leaves. The light green paper and the dark green behind it were die cut with the Spellbinder’s square die and attached to the background paper. The ribbon looks bluer here than it does in real life but it is closer to the light green colour. The butterfly embellishment was cut from the same paper as behind circle and I just popped it up with dimensional glue dots. The sentiment is a peel-and-stick. I like this die a lot.

And that’s all for a gloomy Thursday!

Cheers

Violet

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card Violet! Great buy with the circle vine die, very useful! Good luck with the sewing:)
    Lindsay

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...