Wednesday, November 20, 2013

New Baby Girl Card

This day has just flown by. I had to go get some routine blood work done this morning – 45 minute wait and because I had to fast for the test, I was pretty darn hungry by the time I got back home. I’m a breakfast eater and I don’t like being late for it either. Actually, I’m a breakfast, lunch and supper eater which brings me to the next statement. After our late breakfast we went and got groceries. Man, our grocery bill gets higher and higher and contrary to what people think, being a vegetarian is not cheaper! Luckily I love to experiment with recipes so I can transfer meat recipes into vegetarian now without much trouble but it’s still darn expensive to eat. But then again, I am also grateful we live in a country with plenty of food at our disposal - and the money to buy it. Sometimes I have to give myself a mental slap as a reminder of how good we have it.

Tonight is our annual Christmas get-together for our Quilt Guild and the last meeting for the year. I’m looking forward to having a good time tonight. We just do a tea and coffee with small appetizers and desert thing…no big sit down meal anymore....and a program of course. We are having a trunk show tonight. I don’t like sweet things so I’m bring fresh fruit as my desert offering.

Today’s card turned out okay for an experiment with a roller stamp.
 

I took the Stampin’ Up roller stamp of the onesies, inked it with Versamark and then black ink and rolled it across a piece of white cardstock and heat embossed it. then I coloured each one (Tombow) and cut them out. Then I carefully ran a black ink pad around the edges to redefine them. I die cut the fancy ovals with a Spellbinder’s die and layered them together and then added the onesie. The label with the sentiment is popped up with dimensional glue dots. The background paper is from an old set from Paper Wishes (Hot off the Press) and was glued to a hot pink card base. Then all I had to do was add the bow which came from the shoe factory of all places.

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...