Thursday, November 14, 2013

Bookmarks

What a crazy busy day this has been. I’m not sure why but the day has just flown by. Aqua Fit in the morning, watched X Factor with Joe when I got home (we tape shows so we can skip commercials – bad I know), cleaned the bathrooms after lunch, finished a card for this week’s challenge at Stamping Bella (won another $20 gift certificate from last week’s challenge – whoot, whoot!), photographed and uploaded photos of the finished card and a scrapbook page I just love, worked on my quilt for awhile, and then I had to quit to go over to my friend’s house at 3:45 to watch her daycare kids while she went to the doctor’s so that took up the rest of the afternoon. Okay, now I can see why the day flew by so fast!

One funny story from today. One of the little daycare girls, about 2 ½ or so, wanted hugs and kisses before she left, from me and the one little boy still there. She hugged and kissed me and then turned to him, stopped, put her hand out and said, “He has a booger!” I turned to her mother and said, “And she’s not kissing him if he has a booger. A girl with high standards already.” We had a good laugh over that one. The kids are just so darn cute but I'm not about to open a daycare. Helping out once in awhile is enough for me.

Are you a reader? I love to read and I always have a book on the go. So glad we have a library that is well stocked with both actual books and e-books. Every once in awhile I get the urge to make bookmarks. Here are some that I just completed. There are more but done the same way with a variety of images.

 
These are so easy to make. Sponge and blend on various inks – Distress inks work really well for this, and then stamp some images. I think these are all Inkadinkado stamps. Add a ribbon at the top and they are done. My girls will likely get these in their Christmas stocking this year.

And that’s it for a Thursday!

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. These bookmarks are GORGEOUS, Violet!! Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...