Friday, December 6, 2013

Red, Black and Gold

Brrrrr. The weather network was right for once. It turned cold and is getting colder by the hour. Neither one of us left the house today. I was having yet another weird speech day from the brain disorders – not much pain, but weird speech. My sister-in-law called me to ask if I had the cell phone number of someone she wanted to call, and I did, but when I gave her the number she broke out into laughter and said, “What in the world was that?” She only got the first number and I think she guessed at that one. I turned the phone over to Joe to read the number. Too funny!

I was so busy in the upper studio making some Christmas gifts – quilted casserole covers – that I almost forgot to post today’s card. I could not find the theme for this week’s challenge at Stamping Bella, and it looks like a lot of people didn’t either as there was only a few entries, so no Bellariffic Card today. So instead I decided to use another favourite memory die, the poppy. Here’s the card I came up with.

 
I die cut the poppy from a black piece of cardstock. I took a piece of red cardstock and  rounded three corners and punched them with a Fiskar’s corner punch. Oh, oh trouble. The lower left corner didn’t punch properly and I hated to waste the cardstock. So time to get creative! I ended up really rounding the third one and added a die cut swirl (Cuttlebug)….and it turns out I really liked it being asymmetrical like that. Then I glued it to a black card base and ran a gold Bic pen around the edges. Then I placed the black die cut poppy off-centred to the right and outlined it with the gold pen. Then I stamped three silhouette black butterflies and the sentiment. A quick and simple card to make.

Have a great weekend everyone.

  Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. This is really a ser card Violet, love the colours

    malika

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...