Friday, January 31, 2014

Someone Flipped the Switch - and a Card

Wow, Mother Nature woke up and flipped the switch. I looked outside this morning and saw water laying out on the street and said to Joe, “What’s the temperature outside? There is water lying in the street!” He laughed at my reaction at seeing water and confirmed that it was….are you ready for this…. 0C (32F) YES! From record breaking cold temperatures to this - one extreme to the other but I’ll take it. I had a nice long walk this afternoon and it felt so good to be outside again. Okay, confession, a bit tiring. Can you say “out of shape”. I guess I don't get much exercise making cards and quilting.

Today’s card if for the Bellariffic Friday challenge. She has changed the rules this year and the cards have to showcase a current stamp of hers, none that are discontinued….and they seem to be disappearing fast. It’s a bit of a pain to check each week but you pretty much have to. I emailed her about stamps disappearing after we use them during the month. She told me that if a stamp is on sale, it will soon be gone and we probably shouldn’t use it. Bother! Oh well, I still have some current ones and this one wasn’t on sale so I used it. There is no rule about how many times each month we can use the same stamp!

 

This one is called Tyler the Jock. I bought it because I have 4 grandsons to make cards for and they all play soccer. This one is coloured with Prismacolor crayons and blended with gamsol. This week we were to use the sketch and I really do like this one. I’m not much of a sketch user but once in awhile I like one and I may use this one again. The paper came from a paper pack( Awesome {ME} from Simple Stories) I picked up one sale at the Paper Pickle (great paper pad for boys) but I added the chocolate brown. This card really needed to be square so I covered a 5” square card base with the striped paper and rounded the corners a bit. The circles are from the Spellbinder circle die set. The triangles were made by simply cutting a square in half and then adding them to the dark brown square. Once I liked it all, I glued it to the striped paper and called it done.

Another week is over again. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.  Hopefully I’ll remember to post a few scrapbook layouts over the weekend.

 Cheers

Violet

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...