Thursday, February 13, 2014

In a Butterfly Mood



As predicted, it is a bit warmer today and we got a nice long walk in. It was fairly easy walking until they decided to stop plowing the path after the end of the senior’s centre. It didn’t seem too bad at first as there were lots of tracks but we quickly realized that some people must have then turned around and went back as the tracks got less and less. We decided to forge ahead. Whoa! Heavy walking in snow but we both needed the workout so it was okay.

We made it back home just in time to make a sandwich and watch the Olympic men’s hockey game, Canada vs Norway. Everyone predicted Canada to walk away with this game but Norway played a fast game and  gave Canada a run for their money. Most of their team is used to playing together whereas most of the Canadian players play for different teams so it takes a couple of games to gel. They won though so that was good. Then we drove over to the Chatham Christian School to pick up the 10lb bag of apples we ordered to help them out with their fund raiser. I have a lot of apples to peel! Ah, but having apple pie will be worth it.

I’ve been in a butterfly mood lately – wishing for spring I think – because I keep picking butterfly stamps to make cards with. Here’s one of them.



Unfortunately we all need sympathy cards from time to time. This time I stamped and embossed the butterfly in black before cutting it out. The colouring is once again done with water colour pencils that were blended with water. Once dry I went over it with Mustard Seed Distress Ink, Walnut ink just on the edges, and black ink along the edge. The background paper is from my stash as was the card base. I had a piece of the chocolate brown left over as well so I ripped the bottom edge of both the patterned paper and brown cardstock and layered them together. I decided it needed something else so I punched out two corners (Stampin’ Up punch) and added them. The butterfly was glued one with hot glue. I’ve started using my hot glue gun more to attach embellishments because they seem to stay on better.  The sentiment was stamped with brown ink as well.

And that’s all for this Thursday.
Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...