Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Chalkboard Look

This is the last of the bitter cold days. Tomorrow it starts to get milder and it will be close to 0ºC (32ºF) and some of the snow should start melting if the sun stays out. The weather all over the world seems to be off kilter this year. Hope it straightens itself out soon.

Today’s card is a different style for me. Some days (okay must days) I just like to try different methods to get the best use of my stamps. I like the chalkboard look that is so hot right now so here’s a faux version of it.

 

I made a black card base and covered it with some black and white paper leaving about a 1/8” border. The image (Inkadinkado) was stamped and embossed with white on a piece of black cardstock and glued to the front of the card. I tied a white ribbon and glued it on and added the white pearl at the bottom of the ribbon. A quick and simple card but I like it!

That’s all for a Wednesday. May you all have a pleasant slide into the weekend now!

 Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. HI Violet!!

    I didn't know chalkboard was so hot right now!? But i LOVE this card! Wow!

    Who knows maybe this weather is our new normal?? Lets hope not. I would like to actually experience a CA rainy season before we move away. :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...