Monday, February 24, 2014

What a great day this was. It wasn’t bitterly cold and all we had were a few flakes of snow now and again. There were a dozen or more of us at the church making comfort quilts today and that is always fun. Last year our quilt guild made and donated a total of 264 quilts to various institutions and individuals. What a great bunch of ladies.

Today’s card is all about layers. This is likely the most layers I’ve ever put on one card but it all seemed necessary.
 

It all started with that top piece of swirly patterned paper. It was double sided and the back side was plain mustard coloured which the largest butterfly was die cut from (Cuttlebug die). I had the other deeper mustard coloured paper in my stash which matched perfectly as well so I used it die cut the fancy square die (Spellbinders). All this was paired up with that lovely chocolate brown which I used to die cut that brown fancy square on top of the mustard coloured one. The four corners of it make lovely corner treatments so two of them were glued on each corner on top of the card. The other two were placed behind the label (also Spellbinders) with the middle lip on top. It all fit perfectly together. I had a piece of the brown left over so I die cut and embossed another butterfly using a Stampin’ Up die this time and glued to the two butterflies together and then added the gems. It’s hard to see in the photo but where the two papers meet, I have a piece of gold peel-and-stick bits there to hide the seam. Like I said lots of layers on this one and yet it was pretty quick to put together.
 
Keep smiling!

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you got out to quilt with the ladies:) I think we are in for colder weather again so me must enjoy ever bit of warmer weather! I must say the use on 2 colors was powerful in your card. it really made the die cutting and embossing stand out, I often use paper that is too busy or too many techniques and you can't even tell i went to the trouble of embossing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...