Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Super Simplistic Card

Another great day here in Ontario but alas, it will not last much longer. We are once again expecting record breaking cold days starting late Thursday and no end of them in sight at this time. We’ve had just enough rain and then sunny days to melt just a bit of the snow and around the houses and under trees if out in the open, we can see a wee bit of grass peeking through. Spring cannot come soon enough to suit me.

I thought it would be nice to show another card for a man. This one is super simplistic but I rather liked how it came out.

 

I took only two pieces of cardstock and cut the green one to fit the card and cut the lighter coloured one into a huge banner and ran them both through the Tim Holtz gears embossing folder. I lined them up so the embossed areas matched and glued them together. Then the two remaining pieces were die cut with the Tim Holtz edge die which has two die cuts and I used both. The edges were all inked with Distress Ink – Peeled Paint I think. Then I assembled it and glued it all down and added the black Dazzle sentiment from Hot Off the Press which is Paper Wishes. Then all that was needed was one of the gear dies that I made a couple of weeks ago. I made a couple dozen of these and they are all painted and speckled and ready to be used on cards or scrapbook pages. Like I said, super simplistic but it’s the kind of card the men seem to like the most.


Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...