Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring Days and Steampunk Cards

There was just a hint of spring in the air today so we headed out for a walk downtown. We both decided on the way home that we need to walk a little more often to get in shape for the summer. We start getting very busy in May when the migrating birds, especially the warblers, come and we go bird watching and I photograph them. I have two albums full of bird, animal, floral and nature scenes. When bird watching is over we bring out the bicycles and we ride two or three days a week until fall. If we are not biking, we go hiking. Can you tell I’m daydreaming about summer today?

Yesterday my granddaughter turned 22. It just seems like yesterday she was a cute little girl in grade school. There was a card a posted a couple of weeks ago that I made for her birthday but after making her dad’s steampunk card, I decided to make one for her too. Here’s hers.

 


All my family love butterflies and dragonflies and when I spotted this dragonfly steampunk digi stamp I downloaded it real fast. I coloured it with Prismacolor pencils and die cut it with the Spellbinder’s square die. The birthday greeting is a peel-and-stick as are the scrolls under it and the corner treatment. Then I coloured in the open spaces with a Tombow marker to pick up the blue in the dragonfly. It needed bling so I added the turquoise gem on its back. The background paper is from the stash as is that piece of bright turquoise blue strip, which I ran through the Tim Holtz gears embossing folder first. Then I added the silver sticker strips down the sides. Well, it looks like they’re on both sides but I used some left over bits for right side that just go under the square. Why waste them when they are covered up. I’m beginning to really like these steampunk stamps.

That’s all for a delightfully mild Monday – at least compared to other days this winter it’s mild.

Cheers

Violet

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...