Monday, March 24, 2014

First Time for this Image

Well it’s another new week and I hope it’s going to be warmer than the weekend we just had! I stuck my nose out the door on Saturday and Sunday and the cold air caused the brain disorders to flare up immediately so that was the end of my going outside. Today was not quite as cold and much less wind so I was able to get to the car to drive to the church to help make quilts for kids with cancer. What a nice thing it is to have an assistant while quilting. Someone cut the nine patches I had previously made (I was making the disappearing nine-patch quilt)  pinned the cut pieces together and gave them back to me to sew; then she took them again and pressed them and pinned the blocks into rows for me to sew; and on and on. We had that quilt top put together in no time! In fact, I had about an hour left in the day so I sat and sewed four patches together for another project. Busy, but a rewarding day for sure.

When I opened my folder of my posted cards I saw this card still sitting there and I wondered why I did not file it away on Friday. Upon further checking I realized I had transferred the card to that open file but did not actually write the post. We were very busy on Friday doing our errands, getting some groceries and going for a couple of walks and I just plum forgot to post anything. We walked along Mud Creek again and this time I had my camera with me and I got this shot of a Cooper’s hawk.

 

 
And now the card.
 
 
So, this card was the one I was going to post last Friday and it was fun to make. This is the first time I've coloured this image and it was coloured with Prismacolor pencils. All the paper is from my stash. I ran the dark pink strip through a Provo Craft Music embossing folder then ran some sandpaper over the top to reveal the white. The oval dies are from Spellbinders.

And that is all for a Monday.

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...