Monday, April 21, 2014

A Morning Glory Card


It’s another Monday and it was a beautiful day here. The laundry was hung on the line for the first time this year and it dried in no time. Of course we are expecting some rain tonight but that is actually a good thing. I puttered around in my garden on Saturday afternoon and realized it is dry and needs a good rain. We didn’t do much this long Easter weekend with Joe not feeling well and we certainly didn’t visit anyone. Spreading his germs around to family and friends would not be good.

He insisted he was fine enough to go for a walk at Point Pelee yesterday afternoon even though he had a continuous annoying post-nasal drip cough but off we went and walked and walked and walked and saw very few birds. He admitted last night that maybe he over-did it a bit and today was a very quiet day…for him. I was actually quite busy just puttering around. I decided to pull out all three of my plastic bin storage stacks and sweep up the dust bunnies. Wow, I had dust elephants, not dust bunnies. The one tall stack did not want to move back in place and when I stopped to find out why, it was not good news. The two back wheels were off and the small area they fit into was ripped so I just took off all the wheels and pushed it into place. Luckily I don’t get the urge to clean very often so I won’t have to drag it out that often!!

Today’s card is bright! I coloured up the flowers and then wondered what I was going to match it with and bingo, in the stash was the perfect paper.

I love morning glories so I enjoyed coloured these, which were done with Prismacolor pencils. The fancy rectangles were die cut with a Spellbinder’s die set and the corner treatments were from a Provo Craft die set. The white down the centre is actually a Dazzle from Paper Wishes. This card should brighten someone’s birthday for sure!

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. I love morning glories too Violet. But they grow so FAST! I swear if you could stand still for a few minutes you could actually watch them grow. I always hope one day i will have a nice out of the way corner to just let them take over.

    You colored these beautifully! They certainly will brighten someones day! Hugs! deb
    PS Tell Joe to feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...