Tuesday, April 15, 2014

What! Snowing again!

Yes! Believe it or not we woke up to find the yard covered with snow again. Unbelievable! On Sunday it was close to 70F so Joe set out the lawn furniture on the front porch and put out all his solar lighthouses. This is what they looked like this morning.

 
 
I made this lighthouse by stacking large clay flower pots together and painted them.
 

Hubby hates snow and is just a wee bit down in the dumps today. The only good thing is because we've just had 3 days of temperatures hovering around 70F the roads and sidewalks were warm and the snow melted there so no shoveling required. I got the old eye roll when I pointed this out to him. Oh well, I tried.
 
It is now 3:30 pm and we are still having a few snow flurries but not much. I missed the eclipse last night because I was actually sleeping through the night – for a change! However, seeing as we had snow this morning I think it is safe to say it was overcast and we would not have seen anything anyway so I’m glad I didn’t set the alarm for 2:00 am. I remember when Hale’s comet was passing over our city about 11:00 one night – and it was the only time in our lifetime that it would be doing so – I went upstairs to my then teenager’s bedroom and got her out of bed to come see it. She was still awake but was not impressed nor a happy camper at being forced (her words not mine) out of bed to see it – Kids! She said it looked like a slow moving shooting star and went back to bed. 

I’ve been back to working on the purse I started a couple of weeks ago and it will soon be done. I haven’t felt like sewing or quilting for the last couple of weeks so I’ve been down in the lower studio making cards and scrapbooking instead. Here is one of the Easter cards I made for the grandchildren.
This one if for the Blogger Challenge Easter.


This image was coloured with water colour paint – just for a change! The designer paper is from an old paper pack and the blue is from my stash. I ran the blue strip through the Provo craft single embossing folder to give it a wee bit of texture. Dies are Spellbinders.

Back to the sewing room now!

Cheers

Violet

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...