Friday, May 23, 2014

Scarlet Tanager and Indigo Bunting Cards

Joe and I both have our favourite migratory birds; his is the Scarlet Tanager, mine is the Indigo Bunting. I was lucky enough to get some good shots of the Tanager last year and again this year but so far the Indigo Bunting and I have not been at the same place at the same time this year. Bummer. However, last year I had an excellent shot of him and I decided to make it into a card; plus many more. A friend of mine requested a card with one of my bird photos on it as a birthday card for her sister and that got me started. I decided to make some easel cards – so darn easy and yet so nice. The sentiment on both of the cards was added in Photoshop and the sentiment on the bottom is from Stampin’ Up.

She chose the Tanager card I made.

 

The strip (left over piece from cutting the frame) across the top was run through a Provo Craft individual embossing folder and then the embossed part was sanded to reveal the white core. It was high enough to stop the card from going flat so nothing else was needed.

 Here is the Indigo Bunting card.

This Indigo Bunting was at a feeder at Rondeau Park and posed nicely for several photos with this one being my favourite. His feathers are so beautiful they look artificial. The fancy border was die cut using the Spellbinder’s Edgeability die and then I added three gems in the top right to keep the card from going flat. The greeting is inside.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone. To my viewers in the United States, have a safe and happy Memorial Day weekend.

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...