Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Making My Own Paper



It’s been a pretty quiet day around here so I won’t be rambling much. This morning I finished up a few cards that needed sentiments inside and this afternoon I did my pastoral care visits at a nearby nursing home. A couple of the ladies are a joy to visit but others are too far gone to really carry on a conversation for long. A group of ladies from our church knit and crochet either shawls or lap size afghans for the shut-ins and after our minister blesses them, they are given to us to give to the recipients. I had two to deliver today and the ladies just loved them.

In spite of the fact that I’m about one paper pack away from being featured on Hoarders, sometimes I like to make my own paper. Today’s card features my latest one.


  
There was a piece of water colour paper sitting on my desk and it was just crying out for colour. So I grabbed some Distress Inks and ran them across a plastic sheet I keep for this technique, misted them with water and dipped the water colour paper into it. I dried the water colour paper between each dipping with my heat tool, adding more colour each time until I liked the end result…but it wasn’t the end. I took some Mustard Seed Distress ink and sponged it all over the card and then sprinkled on some water. Then it was done. This was then mounted on the piece of green cardstock and a green ribbon and bow (and yes I tied it) was attached before gluing it to the white card base. The butterfly was die cut twice, once in cream cardstock and once in yellow parchment paper using a Cuttlebug die. The parchment paper was then embossed with the corresponding embossing folder and then Marigold Distress ink was gently rubbed over some of the embossed areas. The cream butterfly was glued down but the yellow one was just attached along the body and then gems were added. The antennas were inked black. The sentiment is a sticker.

That’s all for a Wednesday!

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...