Monday, June 16, 2014

Precious Moment Card

What a busy couple of days we’ve had. On Saturday we did a 26.2 km bike ride at Rondeau Provincial Park. It was a nice day but the wind off the lake was cold so we had sweatshirts on. Yesterday we headed out to Wheatley Provincial Park for a BBQ and played Ladder Ball Toss. Once again the wind was cold coming off Lake Erieau but in the campground it was very hot. June has been an odd month. Today we drove my sister to the airport so that took up most of the day.

On the way home we stopped at Curry’s, an art store, where I wanted to get some liquid water colour but all they had was a kit with 12 colours for $53.99. Nope, not buying that. I just wanted three colours, red, yellow and blue, so I can make my own spray colours. I had already picked up a half dozen more Prismacolor pencils I needed and told Joe I was going back to get some more pencils seeing as I’m not buying the liquid water colour. When I got by the pencils he reached up and took down a kit and said, “You should buy the kit instead individual pencils. It’s cheaper by far.” I told him I might have some of the colours in the kit already and he said, “So, you will use them up and have some on hand.” Gotta  love a guy who supports his wife’s artistic hobbies!

Today’s card is one I made using my Prismacolor pencils.
 
This was a free digi stamp I found on the Internet. The wings have a shimmer to them and I accomplished that using my Versamark pen and eye shadow from the Dollar Tree. This was a tip from The Frugal Crafter and a frugal way of achieving the look of the Wink of Stella pen, but much, much less expensive. The circles were die cut with Spellbinders dies. The white lattice is from a Memory Box die and the word Sweet came from a Paper Wishes die. The paper is from the stash, of course.

More rain expected this week so I expect to get a lot of sewing or crafting done.

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. Well you have been busy!! We have a cool breeze blowing here today too. Thank Goodness.... a day without air condition! The high is only in the low 80's. The wind blows in alot of dust (Agriculture area) but i can't resist having the windows open. :)

    That sure is a SWEET card Violet! I think i did hear about that frugal tip from the Frugal Crafter. :) Though i haven't tried it yet.

    I've been busy tying up some loose ends on a few crafts..... Some quick finishes! I'm sure you'll be seeing them on the blog soon. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...