Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Burning Cake



Not too much happening today so this will be a very short post. I’m back to painting an old milk can. Neither one of us liked the sky so I redid it, still didn’t like it and did it again! Now it’s fine….or least I’m calling it fine.

I love this stamp! It’s from Art Impressions; Golden Oldies called Burnadette, and it was gifted to me by a friend who quit card making. I don’t think it ever saw ink until she gave it to me. This is the one I sent to my cousin last week. Even if she is still camping, she won’t have access to the Internet so she won’t see it on the blog.




Now you know why she is called “Burnadette” instead of “Bernadette”. I coloured the image with both Prismacolor pencils and some alcohol markers. Yellow stickles were added to the candle flames and then orange and yellow stickles were spread out over top of the flames. It really sparkles in real life. I ripped the top right corner off and then distressed it and rubbed Walnut Stain Distress ink over it to look like it was burnt. Did the same for the orange/pink layer and then glued it all to a piece of blue cardstock and then onto the card base. I hope she didn’t leave her sense of humour at the campsite!!

Back to the milk can painting!

Cheers
Violet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...