Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Blown Away and Fixing a Ooops



So windy today I could hardly walk forward at times. The wind was too cold for me to go for a walk so we decided to run a few errands so I could just go quickly from the car into a store…..forgot about the wind being even stronger out near the edge of town. Joe was laughing at me trying to walk straight against the wind. One lady was coming out of the grocery store as we were going in and the large plastic top from her pie went flying by us. A couple of guys tried to get it for her but to no avail. At least it didn’t rain. My sister is having major roof leaks and the roofer doesn’t come until tomorrow.

We wanted to run errands but had to just go where I didn’t have to talk as my speech is still just so-so. One of the stops was to the church to get the newsletters for the shut-ins I visit at a nearby nursing home. Joe had me try to say newsletters at home and that didn’t come out right so luckily the secretary had a couple of other parishioners in visiting and she knew what I was after so I just waved to them all and went and got them. Whew!....didn’t have to talk.

Yesterday I posted a get well card using a Mouse House stamp from Penny Black. Well, I stamped it twice because the first time one of the mice didn’t stamp. I hated to waste the paper so I coloured up just the one mouse and made this card with it.


Once the mouse was coloured I cut around it leaving just a bit of an edge. I also coloured and cut out the pill  that the other mouse had. The background paper is all from the stash and I just made a brown card base. The fancy square was made using a Spellbinder’s die. The mouse is attached with dimensional glue dots and then the pill was attached with one as well. Once again the ice cube was coated with Glossy Accents to make it look wet. The banner was hand cut and inked with brown in same as the yellow floral piece. I hate white edges so I pretty much always ink the edges.

Tonight I still wasn’t feeling all that great so instead of finishing my grandson’s Halloween costume I just sat and watched the first hockey game of the year. Unfortunately my Toronto Maple Leafs lost with less than a minute to go...... Gonna be another long year for my Leafs I’m afraid!

That’s all for a Wednesday,

 Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...