Monday, October 27, 2014

Lot's Happening......



Lots happening today! First of all it was quilting day at the church where we make quilts for kids with cancer and comfort quilts for kids and adults that are experiencing some type of hardship be it sickness or a stressful situation. It’s also Election Day for cities in Ontario and a lot of cities are tired of the last politicians voted in and many upsets are expected. And, it’s one of my grandson’s birthday today.

Jack turned 10 day and boy cards are hard enough when they are above the toddler age and even harder when they reach the double figures. So keeping in mind that boys do not like: glitter, bling, flowers, lace or ribbon this is what I came up with.

The background paper was in the stash and I just inked the edges with green ink and attached it to the white card base. Then I traced some stars on some other paper from the stash using a stencil from Paper Wishes….I have no star dies can you believe that!....once they were cut them out the edges were inked with green too. The two large stars and the green one in middle were embossed with clear embossing powder to make them shiny. The star on the left had a pink circle in the middle…Ooops. missed that one when I traced the star so I glued the small star on top to cover it up. Then I stamped and embossed the sentiment. I don’t have a lot of different embossing powders because I discovered I don’t need one in every colour. I have no green at all. I just ink up the stamp with VersaMark, and then ink it with the colour I want and stamp it. Then I pour clear embossing powder over it; shake off the excess and heat.

The three largest stars are popped up on dimensional glue dots but the small ones are just glued on flat. It got Joe’s approval so I think Jack will like it too.

That’s all for a Monday,

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...