Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Get Well Cards



We have been spoiled by having several nice fall days in a row in October and November, but then it turns cold again, like today, and it’s a rude reminder that winter is around the corner. Yesterday we walked down to the cenotaph for the Remembrance Day service but today neither one of felt like going out at all….so we didn’t….the joys of being retired. My sister came for lunch today. She had an appointment just after 12:00 so we were eating early and we just turned the oven off and plated lunch up when the lights went out….no idea why but they didn’t come back on until about 15 minutes later….glad lunch was ready though other wise I guess it would have been a sandwich lunch for her!

After she left and we cleaned up I did the only part of quilting I don’t like…..pinning all the layers together. I don’t have a table so I have to tape it to the basement cement floor and sit and pin it together….so hard on my bad back and knee…but one is ready to quilt….which brought on another problem. I don’t usually do large quilts but this year I did and it is such a struggle getting a full size quilt stuffed into the sewing machine to get it quilted. I got so frustrated I called our local Baby Lock rep to see what a sewing machine with a wider throat plate would cost ……aaaagghhhhh…..over $3,000. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ANY TIME SOON! So, I guess I’ll just push and shove and mutter to get them quilted.

Today I thought I would post a couple of cards with the same image, but in different layout colours.


Its flu season so I thought I’d get some more Get Well Soon cards done up. Love this image. They were coloured with my alcohol markers and die cut with a Spellbinder’s die. The backgrounds for both are from the stash as is that loopy border....another reason I don't throw little left over bits out! The sentiments were computer printed and then I cut them into the banner shape and glued them to left over bits of cardstock that was used on the top of the card.

That’s all for a Wednesday. My Toronto Maple Leafs are on tonight so I just might sit and colour up so more cards as I watch the game.
 
Cheers
Violet



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...