Monday, December 15, 2014

A Teal Christmas Card



We just had very mild temperatures over the weekend for December in Ontario with it getting up around 50F during the day – damp and cloudy during the day and foggy at night though. Yesterday was a very busy day for us. First we went to church (I’ve finally declared myself well enough to go out in public); had lunch out; went back and picked up the poinsettias from the church and I got them all delivered to the nursing home and then drove out to Erieau looking for the Snowy Owls. There were nine of them there two weeks ago but I was too sick to go see them. We didn’t find any yesterday. When I got home and turned on the computer and checked the birding blogs I found out that they are now found near Wallaceburg – totally opposite direction from Erieau! Joe had a good laugh about it but I was a bit disappointed. I guess I should have checked the Internet first! Oh well, he says we will try another day to find them. Then after a light supper we decided to take in a hockey game. It was a busy but fun day for sure! Today is still overcast and damp but we did get an hour’s walk in this morning. My first walk in three weeks and I’m a wee bit tired this afternoon but instead of lying down I’m quilting.

Today’s card is one I made for my oldest grandson who is 15 and loves cats. He helps his mom doing dog rescues but he’s really a cat person. I think this one is eligible for the contest over at: http://christmascardchallenges.blogspot.com. I’m posting it there anyway so I hope they accept it.
 


I love this light teal colour. As you can probably tell I tend to stay away from red and green for Christmas cards and I’m not sure why. I do make some in the traditional colours, especially for the young children, but quite often I don’t. This is a Stamping Bella stamp and I believe it is still available. It was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. The paper is from the stash. Glitter was added to the hat trim. The card base is from a pack from Michaels and comes with that shape. I sometimes put a strip of the same paper on the inside but this designer paper was double sided so I decided to put the opposite side down and I really like the contrast. I think I’ll do that more often.

And that’s all for a Monday,

Cheers
Violet

3 comments:

  1. Love your card! The kitties are adorable and I love the non-traditional colors! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week! -Jessica CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little kittens, Violet. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges. Marsha DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fun!! Thanks for playing at CCC!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...