Thursday, February 19, 2015

New Die-Namites Dies Card

First of all, one of my blog readers let me know that the card did not post yesterday. Strange. Seems to be I was looking at it as I was setting up the post so I have no idea why it didn’t post but it is there now. So, you may want to scroll down to yesterday’s post to check it out.

Another record breaking cold day here so I spent the day finishing up some quilts that just needed binding on them. My daughter wants a larger lunch bag to take to work as the one I made a couple years ago does not hold plastic containers very well. So that’s the next quick project before I go back to quilting the large quilts.

So, not much news so I’ll get right to the card I’m posting. This was done with my new Die-Namites die that I won. Love them!



 

I love daisies so I had to get this die. It was die cut out of the green first; then I die cut the flowers and buds in white and glued them on top. Looked okay but then I wondered how it would look with an extra set of petals. So, another set of just the flowers was die cut and glued on top, staggered a bit from the bottom layer. I liked it! I ran some green chalk around the edge of each centre and near the bottom of the buds; and on the green leaves just so everything wasn’t just one colour.

Once I was satisfied with the focal flowers I had to figure out what the background would be. I know most people start with a sketch but that’s so not me. I have this beautiful paper from HOTP and it makes a lovely sky so I used it. I set the flowers on top and it was okay but too plain. So I ran just the top of the paper through the Stampin’ Up cloud embossing folder and laid the flowers back on. Better, but still not right. The clouds did not show up at all so I ran some white chalk inside some of the clouds and bingo, it looked right so I glued the flowers on.
 
But, when I put the blue paper against the white card base it didn’t have that pop I wanted. So, I dug through the stash and found some Stampin’ Up dark blue cardstock (Night of Navy ??? not sure) and when I laid the blue on top of it-  yes! - I got the pop! Before gluing the entire thing to the white card base though I wrapped a light blue ribbon around the bottom and added the peel-off sentiment. Once everything was glued down, I added three silver gems to the ribbon and yellow Stickles to the centre of each flower. I am going to be using this die a lot!

Nascar time trials for Daytona tonight! I think I’ll sit and colour some more images and watch them.

That’s all for a Thursday,

 Cheers

Violet

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...