Tuesday, March 3, 2015

A Crow Card



The expected snow, rain and freezing rain came today – messy weather all over Ontario. We hired a kid down the street to shovel the driveway – double the normal cost because it was so wet and heavy! ….but it was worth it not to have Joe out there trying to do it. We watched a couple of our much younger neighbours struggling with it so hiring him was a no-brainer.

Once again we haven’t left the house so not much to report so I’ll get right to the card. This is the birthday card I sent to my son-in-law.


It didn’t photograph as nicely as I hoped it would and it is much brighter in real life. This was a Spellbinders large embossing folder. This son-in-law happens to love crows (Chatham would be happy to send him a few thousand as we are over run with them) so I hope he likes this card. I embossed a piece of plain black cardstock and then ran the VersaMark ink pad over the embossed area and pressing it down in places so most of the whole thing was covered with VersaMark and then I sprinkled on Perfect Pearls – metalic colours – and then used a large paint brush to mix and blend them. I made sure the gold hit the crown on his head.

There was too much colour on the area where the sentiment is so I just embossed a leftover piece of black in that area; cut it out and glued it in place. Then I inked up the stamp (HOTP) with VersaMark, stamped it and used my VersaMark pen around the edges to blend it in and then added more Perfect Pearls to colour it. I used a black pen to make his eye a little more visible, but not so he was bug eyed!

I used this same embossing folder to make my grandson his Halloween card last fall. It probably won’t get used too much but it was on sale for $5.00 so I’ll use it enough to make it worthwhile buying.

That’s all for a wet, cool, nasty and foggy Tuesday,

 
Cheers
Violet

1 comment:

  1. You know me i love crows and ravens so i adore this card and i'm sure he will too. You colored it brilliantly! Stay warm! We are suppose to be 75 by the weekend...Spring has sprung...Did i tell you.... the little hummer has an egg in her nest! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...