Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Birds and a Card



It was more like a typical April day today and my brain disorders were at a lower level than they have been for almost two weeks so I convinced Joe I was fine to go for a walk at Point Pelee National Park today. It was warm here in town but a little cooler at the lake and I’m glad I had a sweatshirt and light jacket with me. Birding season is commencing. Yes, we are birders! We fell into this hobby quite by accident. A few years after my brain surgery we decided to start going for walks at the parks and we noticed all these people with big cameras and binoculars and wondered what was so interesting….turns out it was the migratory birds, especially the warblers. Well we had binoculars at home so we dug them out and decided that as long as we are walking, we may as well see the birds that just come and stay for about 3 weeks every May. Well we got hooked on seeing how many birds we could see each year. Then about 4 years ago I got a camera that took pretty good pictures of them – I’m now on camera #3 which takes even better pictures. Here are three of my favourite shots from today.





I do have a card for you to. This one is for a little girl’s birthday.


This is an old stamp from Stamping Bella and I’m not sure if it’s still available or not. I haven’t checked her site since she moved to the States and started charging the same shipping charges for Canada as she does for mailing to Europe. However, I do like her stamps and will certainly use the ones I have. This one was quickly coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. The oval dies are Spellbinders. The paper, card base and ribbon are from my stash. I tied the bow and had a small piece left over. I hate wasting anything so I just glued it from one corner to under the oval and then glued the bow on the opposite corner on the oval. It looks like the ribbon goes behind the oval – but it doesn’t. This is a good way to use up those small ends. For some strange reason the ice cream turned orange and nothing I could do would turn it back to pink. I even added pink Stickles and they turned orange too. Odd but oh well, it is what it is.

That’s all for a sunny Wednesday,

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...