Thursday, April 30, 2015

Brave Skater Boy



These would be perfect spring days if that dreaded cold wind would go away. It brings the temperatures so much. It’s supposed to be a wonderful sunny weekend though so I hope nothing changes overnight…..and I hope a few warblers show up for us to go see and photograph!

I have a few more scrapbook layouts from 2010 that I haven’t posted yet so I thought I’d sneak one in.


My grandson, Jack, loves all sports and was excited to get a skate board. Safety first in his family though so he had to have a helmet and other protective gear to use it….and lessons. His parents signed him up for a few lessons so he would know the basics. I pieced together the background including those skinny ¼” blue strips. The word BRAVE was hand cut after tracing some letters on co-ordinating cardstock. Three of the photos edges were inked with black ink and then layered on blue and then brown paper. I die cut an oval (Spellbinders) out of the same blue and placed one photo behind it and then layered it on brown. His name was die cut out of the same brown using Cuttlebug Alphabet die. The blue oval that was cut out was used too once the edges were inked with brown ink. The skater boy embellishment is a die from Sizzix that you have to die cut each and every piece – even the small wheels on the skateboard – and then glue them together. Time consuming but it made a great accent that was glued to the oval. This time I actually wrote the journal tag out by hand and then added it to a brown tag that I cut out. Then I just had to add some blue stars here and there that I hand cut from the same blue – but grunged up with brown ink – and some other embellishments and it was done. I liked how it turned out.

Bird season is here for the next month so if I don’t post for a few days it’s because I’m just too darn tired to do so. We are on our feet for over 5 hours some days and by the time I get home, I’m done!

That’s it for a cool Thursday,

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...