Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Brrrrr It's Cold



This is definitely the winter that will not end…..we even had a few snow flurries today! Seriously, we did. Right now it is only 3.5C or 38F and that must be if you are out of the wind because the wind is very cold. I went out this afternoon to fill up the bird feeders and that was enough fresh air for me.

I ordered one of the magnetic platforms for the Big Shot and I am so happy with that purchase. I’ve been on the fence about getting one for months and Stampin’ Up had them on sale so I went ahead and ordered it. Love it! I think it will get a lot of use.

It was way too cold and windy for me to be outside today so I spent the day getting some scrapbooking done. I’ve quit trying to make each page look like it belongs in a magazine and getting them done. No more fussing for HOURS about what to include, what to leave out, where to put embellishments and which ones to use…….and on and on and on. Now, I make myself decide on a layout and do it.

On with today’s card which I made from a stamp that I don’t think I’ve used before and yet I’ve owned it for quite awhile. I was looking for another stamp when I came across this one and decided to use it. It didn't photograph well and is much brighter and prettier in real life.



The bottom row of flowers is one stamp and then I used other stamps to stamp the butterflies. They were all stamped with Versamark and then embossed with white embossing powder. Once that was done I sponged on Distress Inks in layers, but blended together, across the panel. I was surprised at how pretty it turned out and I do believe I’ll be making some more now. I decided it needed a little bling so I crisscrossed shiny thread across the middle. This card could be used for several occasions.

That’s all for a cold April Wednesday,

Cheers
Violet



1 comment:

  1. I like it very much! Where did our Spring go!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...