Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Experiment #2 - pressed with colour



The temperature was recording at near 70F today but the cool wind brought it down just a bit. It was a busy day here – groceries and errands in the morning, quick lunch at Tim Horton’s, a coffee and rest and then Joe cut grass and I trimmed the tree and did a little transplanting of flowers that were growing in the wrong place......and I was finished early and worked on another scrapbooking layout.

As soon as I got the right combination figured out for using the Fiskar’s fuse things (I still don’t know what to call them) I decided to impress them but with colour. Here’s one card that turned out okay.


I tried using a new Stampin’ Up pad but it was way too full of ink and made a mess so that trial piece went into the garbage. Then I used a small ink pad and that worked so much better. Once again I arranged the flower things (maybe I’ll call them “Pressers”) on a piece of white cardstock and ran it through the Big Shot – same sequence as I explained in yesterday’s post – platform but no tabs; cutting pad; quilt batting; paper; presser thing; cutting pad. If you are not a quilter and don’t have the batting handy I’m pretty sure a piece of felt or maybe 2 would work just as well and you can buy those at the dollar store. Tumbled Glass Distress Ink was rubbed along the edges. The red paper at the bottom was from the stash and it picked up the light red of the flowers. The trim was punched with a Martha Stewart punch and a gold fancy peel-off line was added on top of it. The fancy label is a Spellbinder’s die and the ribbon was added just for some extra dimension. The gold sentiment is also a peel-off. Red gems were added to the centre of each flower and the card was done. These will be fun to play with!

That’s all for a cool Tuesday,

Cheers
Violet

1 comment:

  1. I guess i'm not quite sure what these flowers do Violet... they emboss??? What do they mean by fuse?? Your card turned out lovely. I adore the color. I'm always impressed by how you always pull it all together. :)

    Today the plumber is coming to lay our gas lines to turn our fireplaces from wood to gas and so i can put a gas stove in the kitchen and hubby is having a line run to his workshop so he can be out there this winter... busy little bees around here...lol Don't work too hard Violet..Suppose to be a warm , humid 83 here today... and just getting warmer every day this week... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...