Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Fuchsia and Silver Card



It was another lovely day here in Ontario so we tackled the lawn and garden today. Our ex-neighbour (so glad they moved out) drove over the edge of his driveway in the spring and left a huge track in the lawn. Joe repaired it by adding fresh soil and planted more grass seed but the grass seed we bought was filled with weed and crab grass seeds. Groan! What a mess! There are some areas that are pretty bare once we removed the crab grass. More patching to do but we’ll wait until we get them all out first.

Today’s card was made with two pieces of left over embossed cardstock.



This bright fuchsia paper was embossed and in with some paper I picked up at the thrift store. Speaking of the thrift store, I was going by there Monday so I stopped in for a quick look and picked up a brand new Stampin’ Up Measure of a Life stamp set –unmounted wood one- for $5.99. I’ve already adjusted one of the stamps which I’ll explain in a future posting but I sure wasn’t leaving it behind for $5.99. I prefer not to mount them on the provided wood so they don’t take up as much room.

Anyway, back to the card, the cardstock was 5 ½” long but it was too short to fit on the width of the card – but I liked it and didn’t want to waste it. So I cut it half and added the white in the centre. Then I stamped the sentiment – Stampin’ Up stamp - in a lighter fuchsia colour. Silver peel-offs (Dazzles from Paper Wishes) were added to the sides and fancy ones along the seams. Then a Dazzle dragonfly was placed on light pink cardstock and I cut around it and then glued it to the bottom left and a smaller silver dragonfly to the end of the sentiment. I think this makes a very happy birthday card and I’ve used up more stash!

That’s all for a lovely Wednesday night,

Cheers
Violet

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...