Tuesday, July 21, 2015

An Experiment that Worked



This was an absolute beautiful day here in Ontario. The terrible humidity left, the temperatures dropped to 26C (78F) but with a cool enough wind to keep it very comfortable. This morning we decided to hit the fruit stands and get some locally grown fruit and veggies……it’s so nice living in a green belt with lots of local produce available. One of the fruit stands also sells home-baked goods and we treated ourselves to a loaf of home-made raisin bread – oh my, was it good. That and a salad was all we needed for lunch. We seldom ever buy home-made bread which is why it was such a treat.

Today’s card is another experiment that turned out.


I ran a piece of light blue cardstock through an embossing folder and glued it to the card base. The scallop circle was die cut with a Spellbinder’s die. The butterfly is a peel-off and it is one of the ones that comes clear and changes colour when you put it on dark paper….quite often green. I wondered what would happen on a medium coloured cardstock so I stuck on the die cut circle and loved it! The banner and bow are from a Little B die set called Party and then I added the peel-off sentiment. I had a few circles from another peel-off set that matched so I added three of them around the butterfly. It not overly embellished but I liked it that way and glad it turned out okay - some don’t!

That’s all for a lovely Tuesday,

Cheers
Violet

2 comments:

jinxxxygirl said...

LOL... i think i have that same embossing folder.. it came with my cuttlebug :) Love your card. That peel and stick butterfly is amazing! I think it has just enough embellishment.Perfect! Sitting here over coffee this morning... looks like we got a little sprinkle last night and more expected today.. Thats good .. we could use it... the last couple of weeks its been hot and dry. Hugs! deb

aquafit said...

I love you card

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...