Tuesday, October 13, 2015

A Retirement Card


The warm weather has disappeared and has been replaced with a sunny but cool day with a very cold wind. Joe cut the grass and did a lot of the fall garden clean-up for me today because I cannot go out in the cold. I woke up this morning talking with a very southern drawl again. It used to be that I would talk as if I was impaired when it was going to rain but lately it’s been the southern drawl instead. My two brain disorders have a mind of their own – pun intended! One time when I was speaking in the drawl I still went to make quilts for kids with cancer and the friend leading the committee listened to me talking for a moment and said “Well, you sound like you’re from Georgia so today we will just call you Savannah!” I told Joe about it so now that’s my name here too when the drawl shows up. I spent my time baking and freezing two large squash his cousin dropped off for us and then this afternoon I finished 12 blocks for another quilt for kids with cancer. So, a very productive day for both of us. Tonight will be a card making night for me.

Today’s card is a retirement card I made using a new stamp set I bought in the summer from Close to my Heart.

 
The card base is a kraft cardstock one from Michaels. I like using these for masculine cards. The ship, fence and sand all came on the one stamp set but the sentiment is from another one. Once the boat was stamped I coloured the boat and the water with some chalk; then the fence and sand was stamped. A very quick card to make but just the kind men seem to prefer.

That’s all for a cool Tuesday,

Cheers

Violet

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...