Monday, October 12, 2015

Birds, a Raccoon and Cards


Happy Thanksgiving everyone in Canada! We had a very busy weekend with great weather. I have so much to be thankful for I could fill a page! Did you know that people who sit quietly and either write down or at least list mentally all the things that they were grateful for that day, have less inflammation in their body, heal faster and get sick less often? The mind body connection is very strong.

We did a lot of walking at Point Pelee both on Saturday and Sunday – 10,967 steps on Saturday and almost that much on Sunday. I still felt like I was coming down with a cold so I didn’t want to be near people but wasn’t sick enough to stay home either. Walking in the bush fit the bill. We saw some beautiful birds and got a fuzzy shot of a bald eagle. Here are some of the birds we saw.....and one baby raccoon.


That white spot is not a weird eye but a patch of white feathers beside his eye.


Look to the right - the head of a young bald eagle!

We thought this baby raccoon was too little to be out by itself but there was no mama nearby.
 

Today I have two cards to post because they are so much alike.
 



These were made using my new Spellbinder’s die. Love it! So simple to come up with variations using this die and either two or three colour combinations. The maple leaf was made by first rubbing distress inks on water colour paper and then I stamped the leaf and cut it out. Once it was cut out the edges were inked with Distress Walnut Stain ink. I used a very masculine birthday stamp on one card and a smaller one on the other….for no particular reason. I just like to use different stamps.

That’s all for a warm but windy Thanksgiving Monday, October-12-15

Cheers

Violet

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...