Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Halloween Card Number One


Welcome to Ontario Hurricane Patricia – NOT! Wow, did we get rain last night and today. I feel sorry for the farmers trying to get their crops in. And Patricia is not done with us yet because they are predicting strong winds now – up to 80km (50mph) - for tomorrow and maybe Friday too!

When I sat down to pick the card I was going to post today I couldn’t seem to remember which one I posted yesterday…..and then it hit me…..I forgot to post one! I think the flu bug destroyed a couple of brain cells….and I have none to spare! I am, however, feeling fine again.

So, with Halloween just a few days away, I’m going to post the Halloween card I made for the youngest grandson, Finn, who is five.

 
I had a piece of water colour paper that had some Distress Ink on it and it wasn’t being used so I simply added some more ink, splattered on some water to get those lovely blooms and used it as the main focal point of the card. The card base is the orange that is showing. The little boy bat is a Magnolia stamp and it was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and then cut out. The funny swirls are the end of a witch stamp from Inkadinkado. I had used this on another card and liked it so much I used it here too. The cat and bat are just those .99 stamps. I tipped the end of a toothpick into white paint and just barely touch the bat and cat to hi-lite their eyes. The bat boy is attached with dimensional glue dots. The water coloured piece was too small so it was mounted on a piece of purple and held in place with those black square brads. It needed something along the left side so I went to the Halloween stash and found that “spooky” sticker and used it. He loved it. Here is the inside of his card – nothing too scary here as he is only five.
The pumpkin is very glittery. It was cut off from an iron-on fabric strip of pumpkins that I bought at Fabricland when had their moving out of Chatham store - boo to Fabricland. I glued the black behind the cut-out eyes and ironed in place. The sentiment was stamped and then coloured in with an orange marker, which looks red here, but it is orange.
That’s all for a wet and windy Wednesday,

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...