Thursday, October 29, 2015

Jack's Card


This was flu shot day – a week too late for me??? No, not really as the 24 hour flu (even though it lasted 5 days) is not the same as influenza that the flu shot covers. Then we stopped at the library; the post office; The Paper Pickle (our local scrapbook store) and then at the sister-in-laws so I could get her printer working again (success); and then to her friend’s house to see if I could get her printer going…no success there. I couldn’t get it to work at all but I tried. Now, home with a hot cup of tea and almost time to decide supper. The day flew by.

This is the card I made for my grandson, Jack, who just turned 11 on Tuesday.
 

I saw a card similar to this on either Pinterest or YouTube so thought I’d give it a try. First I stamped the skull on white cardstock and again on a post-it note to act as a mask. Once the skull was covered up I ran various inks, mostly Distress Inks, all around the skull making sure the yellow stayed in the middle and it got darker as it went out – it forms a bit of a tunnel. Then I once again used the end of the Inkadinkado witch stamp to stamp all those Halloween swirls – they have little skulls here and there which are so cool. Once I was happy with that I removed the mask but I didn’t think the skull really popped. So, it was stamped again on white cardstock and then I cut it out and glued on top which really made a difference. Then the panel was mounted on black and then on the purple, which is the card base. The card base was adorned with small bits of black. I have an old stamp I didn’t like so I ripped and tore off parts of it to just leave a few bits and that’s my splatter stamp now.

Here’s the inside of his card:

 
Before gluing the stamped panel to the black I die cut a square out of the middle of it and used it on the inside. The skull and crossbones and the sentiment were stamped on white cardstock, with more ink sponged on and the edges cut with a pair of scissors. It was too hard to write on the purple card base so I glued the sentiment panel to a piece of white copy paper and then onto the card base. The spider web is an iron-on from the closed Fabricland store.

That’s all for a windy Thursday,

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...