Thursday, December 10, 2015

A Messy Craft Table but the Card got done!


Well, the sister was better today and returned home. She was pretty tired and unsteady on her feet last night so I stayed pretty darn close to her – even though she slept more than she was awake I was afraid she would try to walk on her own and stumble. She wanted to watch television – she didn’t see much of it. I left her  sleeping long enough to run down to the “lower studio” (aka the basement) to finish up one card that a friend requested and is picking up today but I didn’t stay long down there. In fact, the table was still a bit of a mess from the night before when I completely ran out of steam and couldn’t be bothered tidying it up before I went to bed. Today Do-Crafts on Facebook wanted pictures of our craft table so I obliged and sent in mine. Here it is and trust me, it doesn’t always look this bad. I try to tidy up before I quit each night but some nights it just doesn’t happen!
 


 Cards and bookmarks in various stages of completion!

Here is the card that I made for a friend who has a sister having her birthday on Christmas day so she wanted a card that could be used for both. She likes the great outdoors so this is what I came up with.


This is a one layer card which I seldom do but I quite like how it turned out and I may make more of them this way. An old greeting card was torn to create the sloped background landscape. It was just held in place while I used a small tree stamp from HOTP to stamp the trees; stamping twice without re-inking in between stamping to get that gradient look.  Then I turned it the other way and I used the same ink to ink in some snow shadows and moved it around the card as needed. The sky was blended with the same ink as the snow and Distress Ink Broken China. The small snowflake stamp came with the same stamp set as the tree ($1.29 set) so I stamped several of them but 2nd and 3rd generation stamping only – the first stamping was done on scrap paper.

The deer was die cut with an old (I didn’t just buy it) Tim Holtz die set on some patterned paper that was glued to heavy cardstock first to make it stronger. Before gluing him down I wrapped a thin wide ribbon around his neck and then tied it…..I like a little whimsy….but not too much! The sentiment was die cut (Tim Holtz) on some water colour paper that I painted in similar colours. Instead of the small dots for the “i” in winter and wishes I used a small gem. To bring that to the top of the card as well, I glued some to the snowflakes. Once everything was dry I added glitter to the words and around the bottom of the deer and the main tree to give it a little shimmer. I sent my friend an email with a picture of the card and she liked it- whew!

That’s all for a mild Thursday,

Cheers

Violet

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...