Friday, December 4, 2015

A New Stamp Set


This was a very busy day. I’m too tired to be creative tonight so it will be a good book and maybe a movie. This morning I started to quilt and I heard Joe rummaging around in the basement so I made the mistake of going down there to see what he was up to. We had been talking about cleaning out the root cellar which is just a holding area for various and sundry items we don’t use anymore – and the Christmas decorations – bins of them! I knew I had to stay and help him or heaven knows what he would have thrown out….so maybe it wasn’t a mistake I went down there! We found one bin that had various old dishes in it, sort of a set of 4 with extra mixed pieces, and a few other items that ended up going to the Bibles for Mission thrift store. Then we had to take his sister to her doctor’s appointment, which is in another town, and once back we then decided to buy a new Christmas tree – a smaller one. Ours is 25 years old and is really too big for us and hard for us to carry from the basement upstairs. It will be placed out at the end of the laneway with a big FREE sign on it and it will be gone in no time. I love a real tree but I’m allergic to most of them and Joe hates the needles falling off so no real tree. By the time we got home it was almost time to make supper. We really don’t enjoy busy days anymore but once in awhile they happen.

Today’s card is another one using the resist technique and a new stamp from a Inkadinkado set I recently bought at Michaels at 50% off.

This is one of my favourite techniques because you never know how it will look to the very end…..and people are always wondering how in the world did I do that??

First stamp the images with the Resist ink on good quality glossy cardstock and let it dry. Then roll dye ink over it using a multi-ink pad. This one is Rangers Big and Juicy. Gently rub off any ink that is lying on top of the stamped images with a soft cloth. This one was mounted on the pale turquoise paper which matched some of the ink perfectly and then onto some designer paper – stash item so I have no idea where it came from. I happened to have a bow the same colour so I added that as well. The sentiment is a peel-off.

That’s all for a cool Friday, December-04-15
Have a great weekend everyone.

Cheers

Violet

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...