Wednesday, December 30, 2015

A Winter Snowman Birthday Card


The wind finally calmed down which made our walk this morning so much nicer. Lots of small branches down though. Apparently we got off very lucky as some areas just outside of here had downed power lines which means no hydro – brrrrr. No snow here yet but we may get some tonight - yuck! I could do without it.

I finally finished the last quilt top for my children and their spouses – and my honourary daughter (my oldest daughter’s best friend since grade school) – but now I have to get them all quilted. But I have a couple of quilts made for the fund raiser for the SPCA that I have to finish too. I mentioned these to my oldest daughter who does dog rescues and fosters Great Pyrenees until they find a forever home and she wants to buy them. Fine with me. The money goes to the SPCA regardless of who sells them.

Today’s card is another image that would be typically used for a Christmas card but I turned it into a birthday card. Why not break out of the box now and again!

 
I had this image coloured – Prismacolor pencils and gamsol – with every intention of making a Christmas card but then I stopped and looked at it and there was really nothing that was Christmassy about it. It was a winter image. So, little girls who have birthdays in the summer get cards with flowers, butterflies, etc. so why can’t a little girl in the winter have a snowman card? The background is paper from my stash that I ran through a Cuttlebug birthday embossing folder. Then I ran some blue ink over the top to bring out some of the embossing. The image and the paper behind it were die cut with a Spellbinder’s label die. The banner was just hand cut and a peel-off sentiment added. The blue snowflakes were punched and a silver dot peel-off was added to the middle of each one. I think it works for a birthday card. What do you think?

That’s all for a cool Wednesday,

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...