Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A Paper Pieced Card


The temperature is just above the freezing mark but the wind…..oh that cold, damp wind that just has to blow and makes it very uncomfortable walking outside. It was raining this morning so we opted to go to the arena to get a walk in. I really don’t like going there but at least we get some exercise. I told Joe that when we go there I feel like a hamster in a wheel – I keep going around and around but I don’t get anywhere. He just gives me “the look” and shakes his head. Some days he doesn't think I'm funny.

Today’s card is from another favourite stamp from Stamping Bella. I have no idea if it is still available or not though as it’s an oldie.

 
The background is just left over pieces of paper. The sentiment was stamped and then die cut with a Tim Holtz die. Sometimes I just colour in the shirt but this time I decided to do some paper piecing. I stamped the image twice, once on white cardstock and one on the patterned paper. The image stamped on white was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. The shirt was cut out from the patterned paper and glued in place. I thought that flowered paper was perfect for the shirt.

That’s all for a cool, wet and windy Tuesday,

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet card for a guy Violet! We are experiencing a warm up around here... in the 60's by the weekend! Enjoy it while it lasts i say...Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...