Friday, January 22, 2016

Whee! A Scrapbook Layout


It’s another cold day here in Ontario and I’m still tired so not much happening around here today. I finished a card I had started and did some work on the raffle quilt for Rondeau Park but not too enthused about doing anything. The reason why I’m tired is because yesterday I was so tired from the marathon day of quilting Wednesday that I went to bed at 11:00 last night and only read for about 5 minutes before turning out the light….and fell fast asleep. I woke up totally refreshed and ready for the day but then it dawned on me (pun intended) that it was pretty dark for morning and looked at the clock – 12:35 am! What? 12:35 and I’m wide awake! How is it possible to sleep for just over an hour and be fully refreshed! Well, needless to say it was a restless night after that and I’m far from refreshed today!

Today I’m posting a scrapbook layout that didn’t turn out exactly like I pictured it would in my head but live and learn. It is what it is and I’m not changing it. I keep reminding myself that these are scrapbook layouts, not works of art!

My daughter and son-in-law took their son, Finn, to a street carnival – location blocked out in the journal tags as requested – and they sent me these three photos of Finn going down this wild slide with his dad. I wanted to duplicate the colours on the slide so the first thing I did was take a piece of white cardstock and flicked green, blue, yellow and pink ink on it. I found some plain coloured cardstock in my stash that matched the colours on the slide and cut them into strips, taped them together and then cut them on an angle to look like a slide – that was my intention but somehow id didn’t quite work.  Something was needed in the top right and bottom left corners so I used an old Technique Tuesday scroll stamp to add some action there.

The three photos were trimmed down and the edges were inked with a black pen – this I do all the time to separate the photos from each other. However when I put the photos on the paper slide they didn’t stand out as much as I thought they would. Looking back now, I would have added the photos with dimensional glue to lift them off the page; or used a different background to put them on; or...well I would have changed it a bit.... but…..I didn’t. Once glued, its there to stay! The title, Whee!, is a black shiny thick peel-off but the ‘!’ looks like a ‘l’ so it reads Wheel until you notice the small space between the line and the dot….which refused to move! The ‘one happy boy’ was die cut with a Sizzix alphabet die set and mounted on blue. The journal tag was stamped and hand written.

By this time I was just glad the page was done! Not my favourite layout but it’s in the album anyway. Sometimes you just have to accept it as less than good and move on to the next layout.

That’s all for a cold Friday. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and if you are in the Eastern shore of the USA be safe from the storm that is going to hit. Hope it’s not as bad as they predict.

Cheers

Violet

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...