Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Spring Means Soccer


The thermometer said it was 0C today (32F) but it was a very cold 0! It is so damp out that the chill just goes right through you. After being in the house for 3 days straight, except for a walk yesterday, we decided to do some errands and get groceries…..and have Chinese food for lunch…..we both joked that this was our Valentine celebration dinner – no crowds and no inflated price!....the joys of being married for over 28 years!

Spring must be coming again this year so I took out my one and only soccer stamp and made a card.


They just don’t seem to make as many stamps for men and boys as they do girls! This one is an oldie from Stamping Bella and it was coloured with Prismacolor pencils, blended with gamsol….except the sky and ground which is chalk. All the paper is from the stash. The top two pieces were one piece but double sided so I just cut it half and taped it back together for a more interesting background. I like to think of two things when I make cards……1) does everything match that is suppose to match and 2) is there contrast. Well, the papers matched because they were designed that way and blue is a good contrast for them so that’s why I picked blue as the accent piece. I laid the background piece down on several colours of plain cardstock and the blue was looked the best. Spellbinders square die was used for the image and the backing and an extra piece of blue was added at the bottom to ground the card – the darkest paper should be at the bottom – but that’s just my opinion….and then I added the peel-off sentiment.
 
It needed something else so I pulled out a soccer ball stamp that I have and stamped it and then die cut it with the Spellbinder’s circle die. The stamped soccer ball as added with dimensional tape. The stamp set had some star stamps so I stamped three of them too – in black to match the soccer ball!

That’s all for a cool, damp Tuesday,

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...