Friday, February 19, 2016

Use it, Don't Discard it!


We had yet another busy day today. Yesterday was so busy I didn’t even have time to post a card…..and this is going to happen a lot for awhile. My postings will only happen 2 or 3 times a week instead of every day. My sister and sister-in-law are both moving and the weather is improving so we’ll be out and about more. You can now sign up to receive notice by e-mail when I post if you don’t want to check in every day…..just look to the right for the “Follow by email” link and add your e-mail address.

Today’s card is a little different but I like it. Except for the image and ribbon, it was all made from left-over bits.
 


The designer paper is from the stash and is glued to a white card base. The half label on the left was a Spellbinder’s die cut that was meant for another card but that idea did not work out and it was just lying on my desk. Instead of chucking it into the recycle bin, I decided to use it…..I still have the other side to use too! The edges were sponged with Distress Faded Jeans blue ink. Before I glue anything down I like to just lay them in place to see how they look. It needed something else across the middle of the card and I tried a few options and opted to go with this Spellbinder’s die cut border. Its edges were sponged with the same blue ink. Then everything was glued on top of the designer paper. I didn’t like the rough edges so I added a blue ribbon along the right edge.
 
The image is another old Magnolia image and it was coloured with Prismacolor pencils, blended with gamsol and was attached with dimensional glue dots. The sentiment was die cut from dark blue cardstock with an old Cuttlebug die. It still needed something else so I die cut a bird, sponged blue ink on the top and red on the breast…to pick up the red in her outfit…and it was attached with dimensional glue dots as well. By having that bit of red on the bird’s breast, it makes the eye go back and forth from the image to the bird. Love it when I achieve that….and I like how this card turned out.

That’s all for a mild Friday, February-19-16. Last week we were having record-breaking bitter cold temperatures and today it was close to 50F. Spring must be coming! Take care all and have a great weekend.

 Cheers

Violet

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...