Friday, February 26, 2016

Wild Things


It still looks like winter outside but some areas got it so much worse than ours we are not complaining – not too much! We had a very quiet morning here watching both Wednesday and Thursday’s shows of American Idol…..we tape them so we don’t have to watch commercials. Wow, what talent this year. Incredible!..... and Kelly Clarkson’s song at the end…..so touching. She even had Keith Urban crying.

This afternoon I went back to quilting my daughter’s very large quilt until I ran out of peach coloured thread. I knew I didn’t have enough but did I remember to stop in to the fabric store to get some when we drove right by on Tuesday….., no, of course not. Oh well, my arms need a rest from pushing that quilt through the very small space on my sewing machine. I’ll get some tomorrow.

Today is scrapbook sharing day! Here’s a layout I did of our grandsons having fun at Greenview Averies. They had a blast climbing up on all those large animals.
 


The paper and most of the embellishments are from Paper Wishes from one of their “Almost Finished” sets. Love using these sets. These boys are so much fun to take anywhere but they can be a bit on the wild side if they get too carried away so when I found the tag that said, “Wild” I knew that would be a good title if I added the word “things” which was die cut with a Cuttlebug alphabet die set. It was die cut twice, once in blue, once in orange and then glued together but off-sided so it looks like a shadow. The photos were done on a digital template. The road trip bit is ribbon. The tree is a rub-on and the car was made from a die set that I picked up at the thrift store….there were 4 vehicles in the set and they are time consuming to make but I enjoy making them.

Here are the pages on their own for a closer look.


 

That’s all for a cold Friday,

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...