Thursday, February 25, 2016

Winter's Not Gone Yet


Winter is back! I woke up in the middle of the night and looked outside – yikes! Heavy wet snow was falling fast. It was still snowing when we got up and off and on all morning. Here’s a few shots of our backyard covered in snow.

Under all that snow are bird feeders!

Lots of snow!

Rose bushes!


 
We were discussing whether or not we should attempt to shovel that heavy snow – Joe thought yes, I thought NO – and we decided to wait until after breakfast to decide. Five minutes later there was a knock at the door and a guy standing there holding a shovel wanting to know if we wanted our driveway cleared – HIRED! He didn’t do a great job but he did move all the heavy snow and after lunch Joe went out to clean up the edges and where it drifted in again. Timing is everything!

Seeing as it looks like a snowy December day I’m posting a Christmas card today.

 

This is an old Magnolia stamp and it was coloured with Prismacolor pencils, blended with gamsol – still my favourite medium. I had this non-traditional pink and lime green Christmas paper and seeing as I happened to have coloured her dress light green, I decided to go with that colour scheme. Both oval dies used were Spellbinders – two different sets but they look nice together. The bottom ribbon is from the stash and I added some silver stars down the left side to hide the cut edge of the ribbon. The sentiment was die cut with my new Tim Holtz Christmas sentiment die.

That’s all for a snowy Thursday,

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...