Wednesday, March 2, 2016

The Snow is Back!


Well we had a little bit of all kinds of weather yesterday – clear but windy in the morning; then it started to cloud up; about 2:00 it started to rain; then freezing rain; then snow! Lots of closures last night and tonight all over Southern and Eastern Ontario. We had a lot of robins that decided to over-winter here in Ontario instead of flying south…boy, I bet their sorry about that!

Last week I had to stop in at the Paper Pickle to just pick up one $5.25 item – and ended up buying a new Penny Black stamp set…..and it wasn’t even on sale – and that my friends, does not happen often.  I just finished making 3 cards with it but the glitter is drying so you will have to come back another day to see them. I also popped into Michaels and ended up picking up a couple of stamp sets on sale and some of the $1.50 ones to use in my scrapbooking. I’ve made three cards with that lot too! Lots of ideas coming your way! Don’t forget you can now pin any of my cards to your own Pinterest account for easy reference.

Spring is coming and the guys will be out golfing so I made a couple of golfing cards. Here’s one of them.

 

It was coloured with my trusty old Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol with a chalk sponged sky. The golf ball has liquid embroidery one it but it doesn’t show up well in the photo. The background was made using strips of left over green paper glued to a foundation piece – an old piece of paper – and then run through an embossing folder. The card base is green cardstock with a top fold. The ribbon is from my stash and the sentiment is computer generated. All dies are from Spellbinders and the corner punch is from Stampin’ Up.

That’s all for a snowy, icy, windy, blah Wednesday,

Cheers

Violet

 

 

1 comment:

  1. This is a really cute card! I like the sentiment, and your great coloring. I always like the way you did your background...reminds me a bit of Iris folding, which is one of my favorite techniques to do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...