Tuesday, April 12, 2016

A Double Butterfly Card


The antibiotics are working very quickly for which I am extremely thankful for. It pays not to take them very often so your body does not build up a resistance to them. It’s been 2 ½ years since I last was sick enough to need them so I guess I shouldn’t complain.

Today was the first day that I actually felt like doing something other than holding the couch down but I wasn’t sure what I felt like doing. Its way too cold for me to be sitting in the lower studio (aka the basement) so I decided to try to make some ribbon flowers to adorn future cards. Turns out they are a lot of work and I’m not so sure I enjoy doing it. It did pass a couple of hours this afternoon though which is all I really needed. Joe is out cutting the grass and putting out the solar lights and chairs on the front porch. He is expecting spring to arrive after all.

Last week was my youngest daughter’s birthday. We obviously didn’t go see her but I did send her a card. This was it.
 


For the background I took a piece of blue cardstock and ran just the top through an embossing folder. Then the blue and white strip was added to cover the seam. The dark blue square was die cut with a Spellbinder’s die and glued on. The large butterfly came in a set of various chipboard embellishments that I found at the thrift store so I’m not sure who made them. The edges were inked in light blue but it doesn’t show well in the photo. I decided it was too blah and needed a little something else. So a second butterfly was added. The filigree butterfly on top was die cut with a Memory Box die and just the middle was glued down. The sentiment was stamped in dark blue as well. She liked it so that’s good.

That’s all for a sunny, but still cool, Tuesday,

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...