Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Pink is for Baby Girls


It was a nice sunny day here in Ontario but a very cool wind was blowing so it meant jackets were necessary. We didn’t do much again today. This morning we watched two episodes of Amazing Race…..we tape them so we can watch them together in the morning…and this afternoon we took a drive out to Mitchell’s Bay to see if we could find the yellow-headed blackbirds or white pelican that was spotted there earlier this week. No luck….but it was a nice drive. There are some nice walking trails there but with the cool wind blowing we decided it would not be in my best interest to walk in it. As we stopped for a stop light back in town, Joe says, “Man, I could use a nap!” to which I replied, “I know. Bird watching is exhausting!” That cracked him up. This respirator bug didn’t kill my warped sense of humour.

Today’s card is a very cute baby card I recently made using a tiny stamp from HOTP. The stars and the sentiment came with the set – for $1.29.

 
The bear was coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. It was die cut with a Spellbinder’s oval die and left in the die while pink ink was sponged around the image which leaves a nice white border. Then I pulled out the sewing machine and stitched around the oval. This was then mounted on some hot pink cardstock that was die cut with a Spellbinder’s scalloped oval die. The background is from a very old HOTP paper pack and I used two left over pieces taped together at the back and then a thin strip of hot pink was glued down the seam. The edges were inked with hot pink. I decided the bow needed to be a brighter pink to match the other hot pink so I re-coloured it with an alcohol pen. This was mounted on a pink card base.

That’s all for a sunny but cool Wednesday,

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...