Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Time to Celebrate


It’s a very good job that I have more cards made and photographed that haven’t been posted yet because this respiratory bug is still hanging on and I haven’t been down in the ‘lower studio’ for almost a month! That has never happened before! It’s just too cool and damp in the basement, better known as the lower studio, for me to be sitting down there. We did get out for a couple of short walks on Saturday and Sunday but boy, when you don’t do anything for 3 weeks, walking is tiring! Yesterday was a do absolutely nothing day and I didn’t even remember to post a card!

Today I’m posting a card that I made for a man who was retiring.
 


The stamps are from HOTP. I dug into the stash again to find some co-ordinating and contrasting paper and I think they work very well together. I have no idea why I had that odd shaped piece of dark wine cardstock but instead of throwing it out I decided it looked rather nice placed on the angle…and then trimmed off the extra hanging over the edges. By mounting it on the blue, it really makes a statement. The banner was just hand cut and I used a small stamp to fill in the extra space. I seldom know what to do with these small stamps that are in stamp sets but I’m beginning to use them more and more.

That’s all for a cool Tuesday. We had a huge thunderstorm come through about 1:30 last night and it looks like more rain on the way. Hope it warms up soon. I’m sure I’ll feel better if I can get out in the sunshine.

Cheers

Violet

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...