Wednesday, May 4, 2016

A Kitten Card


A thunderstorm may be starting to brew so I thought I better get this posted in case the hydro goes out. There was no posting yesterday because we went to Point Pelee to go for a walk and do a little birding. Not many migratory birds have shown up yet so we didn’t see much but it was nice to be able to get outside for awhile. We were so tired when we got back home we pretty much collapsed on the couch after eating supper and showering. Today I’m working on another quilt top. I must get some of these finished completely instead of just making tops but the “lower studio” (aka the basement) is too cold and damp for me to sit down there for a couple of hours pinning the quilt layers together. Oh well, eventually it will warm up and I’ll get caught – well, I’ll get some done. I doubt if I’ll ever get caught up.

Today’s card was stamped with a stamp that is always a favourite with my cat-loving friends.
 
Either someone gifted me with this stamp or I picked it up at the thrift store because I don’t remember buying it new. The first couple times I stamped it, something seemed off but I couldn’t put my finger on it so I just set the stamped images aside. I didn’t figure out what was wrong until I started to colour it. The artist had forgotten to remove one sketch line and the cat’s legs were totally wrong. So, I took my exactor knife and did a quick clean up, removing the extra line and now I use the stamp all the time.

The image was once again coloured with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol. I went back into the paper stash and found the background paper that looked great together and they were taped together, trimmed to size and the brown strip added over the seam. The image and the dark brown cardstock behind it was die cut with a Spellbinder’s square die and glued on. The leaves were die cut with a Die-Namites die and just glued down beside the square. The bow was tied and I ended up with one very long end so I glued it on an angle and then added the peel-off sentiment. I liked the jaunty look it gave the card.

That’s all for a nice (so far) Wednesday. We are very busy from May until fall so there may not be a posting every day. Don’t forget you can always go to “LABELS” and click on any type of posting you are interested in be it cards; quilts; scrapbook; painting or other crafts I do.

Cheers

Violet

 

1 comment:

  1. Well i for one will miss your everyday posting Violet. But glad to hear you are doing better and are getting out and about. Love this card. The color and the jaunty angle of the bow! :) We had a new bird at the feeder this week... a Rose-breasted Grosbeak if i'm not mistaken....pretty bird. The Indigo Bunting is back from wherever he goes in the winter... and i've had a hummer or two... Its a cool morning this morning ( in the 40's) but today promises to be a gorgeous day in the 70's.... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...