Thursday, June 30, 2016

A Burgandy Card


  

It’s the end of June already! I have a feeling the summer is going to fly past so fast it will be fall again before we know it. Tomorrow is July 1 which is known as Canada Day and it’s a holiday for those that work….well for most people. Nurses, police, firefighters and others like them do not get holidays like the office workers do. Canada Day used to be known as Dominion Day when I was a kid and it is similar to the July 4th holiday in the USA…..a day to celebrate one’s country and freedom.



Today’s card turned out better than I thought it would. Because I never start with a particular idea but more like “I wonder if this will work” idea I’m never sure if what I make is going to be a card or join the recycle bin.  Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference.

 


This piece of already embossed deep burgundy cardstock was in the stash with that background designer paper. I have no idea where any of this paper came from but it was either from the thrift store or in a huge box of paper that a friend gifted me. I know I didn’t buy any of it new. I wanted to keep it simple without too many layers. So, the butterfly swag was die cut with a Memory Box die out of white cardstock. It also cuts out the butterflies separately. I just didn’t like the butterflies left with the open look and sitting on the burgundy….too blah! To correct that, the butterflies were glued to a piece of vellum; cut out and the back of them was inked with a deep red alcohol marker. I didn’t have a burgundy alcohol marker but his one worked okay – whew! Once they were glued back in place it was a simple matter of adding a gold peel-off sentiment to a hand cut tag that was attached with a dimensional strip. It was okay but the top was just a little too blah for me so after some consideration I decided that adding a few sequins would be enough…..it worked and I called it finished.



That’s all for yet another beautiful day here in Ontario…..but rain expected for the July 1st holiday tomorrow…..we shall see…..they are wrong more than they are right lately!


Cheers

Violet






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...